external add-ons?

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Thu Jan 11 18:50:15 CET 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 02:45, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> > wifi-and-keyboard dock-like item.  I would imagine that these peripherals
> > would be almost as popular as the phone, as they would extend its
> > functionality quite a lot.
>
> We'll be making a few...but since we're using standard USB there should be
> some interesting possibilities.

Perhaps it would be interesting to have a sort of breakout box, with
audio/video connectors, builtin powered USB, maybe wifi, serial ports, card
reader, JTAG, etc (not saying that it should necessarily have all these at
the same time, just writing ideas here). It would be significantly less bulky
and likely cheaper than assembling these components 'by hand'. As somebody
mentioned, it could be in a form of docking station. Or maybe the kits you're
talking about already go in this direction ? :)