Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Fri Jan 12 00:00:03 CET 2007

On 1/11/07 1:06 PM, "Sven Neuhaus" <sven-openmoko at sven.de> wrote:

>> We have two more kits that will be available (in addition to the standard
>> kit): A "Car Kit" and a "Hacker's Lunchbox."
>
> Car kit? Please tell me it includes car navigation software... :)
> This screen (not to mention the GPS) is just screaming for maps to display.

We have this stuff, but I didn't think to use it for the first release of
OpenMoko. The rendering engine is totally closed source, expensive, and the
maps are even more expensive.

If there's enough interest, it might be cool to just sell the mapping data
and see if we can support an open source mapping engineer. Is this something
people would pay for?

-Sean