OpenMoko ON the iPhone

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Jan 12 11:45:16 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 10:19 +0000, Kenshin wrote:
> If someone does indeed get Linux running on the iPhone, can we also
> expect to have the freedom to install anything we want, including
> OpenMoko? (it's FOSS right?)

OpenMoko is a platform, thus it has the kernel and everything (if I
understand correctly). So, one could hopefully install OpenMoko itself
onto the iPhone, or a motorola phone, much like someone installs rockbox
onto an iPod...the good news is that it can be generic enough to handle
these different devices...that would be a boon for this movement...esp.
with community-involvement.

<snip />

--
Jon Phillips