A FIC phone with a real keyboard - Was: OpenMoko ON the iPhone

Justyn Butler justynbutler+openmoko at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:01:00 CET 2007

I realise this in no way answers your question, but this mini bluetooth
keyboard
http://www.freedominput.com/mainsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=30

seems similar in size to what you get on communicator-style phones of which
you speak.

It would certainly be no good for "walking and typing" (although it comes
with some kind of dubious phone clip/rest) but it could probably fit
comfortably in your pocket with the Neo and be used when sitting.

It's cheap, I think it's made in China and sold rebranded across the world
It's easy to find through google/ebay. Here's one pretty in depth, positive
review:
http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=725

With regards to things like a built in keyboard and the rest, I'm personally
hoping that in the coming years we'll see a whole variety of different
physical configurations of these phones (all with the ultra-high res screen
of course :-) ), one to suit every need, and all running the fantastic
OpenMoko platform.

Justyn.