Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?

Sven Neuhaus sven-openmoko at sven.de
Fri Jan 12 14:37:36 CET 2007

Attila Csipa wrote:
> On Friday 12 January 2007 10:14, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
>> TomTom Go is Linux based, perhaps you can get them to offer their product
>> for the OpenMoko?
>> I would be very interested in a solution for the OpenMoko at that price
>> range.
[...]
> So sure, we could
> have TomTom, and any other (if not in license then in spirit) proprietary
> stuff in the Neo1973, but then I would feel the purpose of OpenMoko has been
> defeated (it would become just another motorola EZX phone - an OSS base for
> mass-adopted proprietary products).

I think the users should have the freedom of choice, including the freedom
to install commercial software, if desired. I'm not asking for this to be
preinstalled on the OpenMoko!
Noone complains about Oracle offering its database for Linux PCs (actually,
I'm sure there are people who do ;))

-Sven