Proprietary software in OpenMoko (was Re: Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?)

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Fri Jan 12 14:56:10 CET 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 14:37, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> I think the users should have the freedom of choice, including the freedom
> to install commercial software, if desired. I'm not asking for this to be
> preinstalled on the OpenMoko!

Yes, that's what I'm talking about - you absolutely can and should be able to
install any (free or proprietary) software you want (and have the rights to),
just don't call it an official part of something that is truly open (both in
term of standards and freedom), and even more importantly, don't warp the
free things to accomodate the proprietary ones. Note that this is my personal
view/wishes, not OpenMoko's, so any officials are welcome to comment :)