Power of Linux-vserver.org Re: Proprietary software in OpenMoko (was Re: Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?)

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Jan 12 16:01:30 CET 2007

Salve Attila, *!

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Attila Csipa wrote:

> On Friday 12 January 2007 14:37, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> > I think the users should have the freedom of choice, including the freedom
> > to install commercial software, if desired. I'm not asking for this to be
> > preinstalled on the OpenMoko!
>
> Yes, that's what I'm talking about - you absolutely can and should be able to
> install any (free or proprietary) software you want (and have the rights to),

Me-too - I would still pay for good software, but I would also
make my minds to still keep a trustworthy device, so I will
going to run linux-vserver on my OpenMoko and like to promote
the power of linux-vserver, so that it maybe become full
integreated in the standard OpenMoko installation.

http://linux-vserver.org/

So the propritary or not so stable/trustable software would run
inside it's own vserver guest system.

About linux-vserver jump to
"linux-vserver is run on the S3C2410 Re: Bootloader u-boot"
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000369.html

Cheers,
rob