OpenMoko ON the iPhone

Christopher Heiny clheiny at starband.net
Fri Jan 12 16:54:45 CET 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 05:32, Gervais Mulongoy scribbled in crayon on the
back of a kid's menu:
> another solution to that could be the use of scalable graphics the way
> its done with svg or the way it is done in enlightenment.

That sounds like a much better solution than the "monoculture" approach.  In
my experience, it is the monoculture itself that causes the problems Jon is
describing - the original developers have the luxury of building for a
single screen size and color depth, and make all sorts of assumptions about
that which cause huge problems later on when a more diverse population of
screens arises.