A FIC phone with a real keyboard - Was: OpenMoko ON the iPhone

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Mon Jan 15 17:30:01 CET 2007

Torsten Röhl writes:

>Why -  QWERTY keypad ? we have a wide screen 2,8 inch and i
>love the new iphone concept without qwerty keypad.  I hope that
>the next neo1973 generation phones are also iphone like (without qwerty
>keypad) ... i think a neo1973 next generation phone with qwerty keypad is
>just another phone and not more the wonderful neo1973 linux phone.

I know people who are as adamant that they want a qwerty keyboard as I
am that I don't.  If I could get a Treo with no keyboard, I'd probably
have replaced my current phone a year ago and wouldn't be able to
justify being in the market for one the day the 1973 is released.  So
I'd think having versions both with- and without keyboard would be the
best strategy (but if I knew anything about marketing, I'd probably
not be a professor).