MicroSD Wifi ?

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Mon Jan 15 17:54:07 CET 2007

On 1/15/07, Dwayne Bonson <dbonson at sydneyplus.com> wrote:
> I've read a few questions and comments from the list archives about wifi
> with the Neo but it seems most are looking at USB as an alternative but
> that's not really mobile if you need to carry a powered USB hub around
> also and then find somewhere to plug in.  Wouldn't a microSD wifi card
> do the trick?

Probably not. From: http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/InternetAccess

You could in theory use the micro-SD slot for a [WWW] WiFi-card. But
the slot is located under the battery in the middle of the phone, so
the signal may not be very good. Also you will have to sacrifice
having a micro-SD flash card for storage and you will then be limited
to 64 MB.

/Ole
--
http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/InternetAccess