Bluetooth questions from a bluetooth guy [Was: collaborating on bluetooth audio]

Fabien Chevalier fabchevalier at free.fr
Mon Jan 15 19:41:21 CET 2007

Hi all,

Brad, i was about to poke the list for some Bluetooth question, it looks
like you were faster than i was ;-)

For those who don't know me (everybody, i guess ;-) ), i'm working with
the Bluez guys(including Brad ;-) ) on integrating Voice headsets
support under Linux. This kind of support is the basic profile that
every Bluetooth phone ships with. However given the fact our projet is
still quite immature i wouldn't be surprised if there was no support for
voice headsets in the Neo *at all*. Am i right ?

Brad's questions brings up even some more questions. Brad is  talking
about a2dp which should really be cool to have on OpenMoko platform
(Allows listening to high quality music with appropriate headset).
However this brings me to ask the following question : will the Neo even
ship with a Media Player ? (It doesn't seem to be advertized in the apps
list :-( )

Some other questions that i would be very happy to have answers for :
  * Which bluetooth chip will you use? Which version (1.2 or 2.0 ?)
  * Which profiles to you intend to support in the initial release ?

Cheers,

Fabien

PS: Of course, as soon as the Neo is out, i'm gonna purchase the
hacker's kit and see how bluetooth support can be improved ;-)