collaborating on bluetooth audio

Brad Midgley bmidgley at
Mon Jan 15 21:02:55 CET 2007

> What's the openmoko developers' take on pulseaudio? I'm looking at how a
> > bluetooth pulse plugin would work out. fwiw, pulse could run as its own
> > service or be embedded in another service.
> In terms of audiorouting, wouldn't a gstreamer based solution be more
> flexible?

pulse provides some things we can use

* allows for dynamically switching between audio adapters that come and go
* has some work on low-latency for voice
* as a daemon it can provide mixing and bluetooth connection persistence
between multiple client shutdown/startup/etc.

Is there a similar gstreamer server out there or are you suggesting a new