Bluetooth questions from a bluetooth guy [Was: collaborating on bluetooth audio]

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:31:22 CET 2007

Fabien

Brad's questions brings up even some more questions. Brad is  talking
> about a2dp which should really be cool to have on OpenMoko

voice is obviously more relevant first.

Some other questions that i would be very happy to have answers for :
>   * Which bluetooth chip will you use? Which version (1.2 or 2.0 ?)

it's also worth asking if neo will use the pcm path direct from the
bluetooth chip or if they will move audio across hci. If they're using pcm
that would explain why we haven't heard of it since most of our driver work
is dealing with hci audio.

  * Which profiles to you intend to support in the initial release ?

I took it for a given that bt voice was going to be somehow supported but
maybe not.

Brad