Kingmax announces microSDHC 4G card

Paul Bohme openmoko at bohme.org
Mon Jan 15 21:56:23 CET 2007

kkr wrote:
>> http://www.mobile-review.com/news.php?language=en#news12096
>>
>> Any chance to use those with the Neo?
>>

> As mentioned on http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/Hardware , the
> CPU (Samsung s3c2410) can manage 1 GB of memory.
>
> Even if I don't know how Linux manage SDcard (or SDHC), I think that the
> limitation is bound to the CPU.
>
> Therefore, I don't think that it's possible
>
> Could anybody confirm it?

How big is the hard drive in your PC?  I'd wager a lot larger than the
RAM can be. ;-)

The SD is going to be handled through interfaces that enable much larger
range than the physical memory limitations of the CPU.

I run a 2GB SD in my Zaurus (C760) and GP2X - both ARM-based devices -
without issue.

  -P