TomTom on OpenMoko

Graham Auld openmoko at graham.auld.me.uk
Mon Jan 15 23:38:33 CET 2007

Me too!

I currently run TomTom Navigator 6 on a Dell Axim X30 PDA. I tturns out all
i really ever use my pda for is the odd bit of calender, reading e-books and
in car sat nav. Clearly with the car kit for the Neo1973 and a (powered) USB
GPS I could replace my windows CE device with something a little more
flexible.

Eur 110/US$150 is right in the kind of area where i'd happily shell out even
for another copy just to have it on my OpenMoko/Neo, i'd nearly make that
just selling my old pda & GPS kit/cradle. I'm working in a shop just now
that sells a wide range of sat. nav. solutions and IMHO TomTom is by far the
best i've seen. Simple uncluttered intuitive user interface, looks slick,
hopefully like my new phone... :-)

Graham

  _____