MicroSD Wifi ?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jan 16 01:59:21 CET 2007

ma, 2007-01-15 kello 23:58 +0100, Grahame Falvey kirjoitti:
> Not to sound too negative, but that's rather pointless really.  I have
> a Nokia 6230 which has the MMC slot under the battery and it's just
> plain annoying to have to remove it whenever I want top copy stuff
> onto or off it.  Would there be a technical reason why it would be
> done this way?

They apparently use a combo SIM/microSD reader, and I guess the location
and exposure are partly determined through that.

Anyway, it'd probably be a bother to handle mounting/unmounting, esp. if
you have applications and libraries on the microSD. (Doable, sure.) We
have USB and BT (yay for BT) to transfer data, I don't really see much
real need for manual swapping. (Some specialized situations where that
would be preferred, sure, but it's not the end of the world, like the v8
(don't ask))

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>
Singularitarian - SIAI supporter - <URL:http://www.singinst.org/>