MicroSD Wifi ?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jan 16 01:59:21 CET 2007

ma, 2007-01-15 kello 23:58 +0100, Grahame Falvey kirjoitti:
> Not to sound too negative, but that's rather pointless really.  I have
> a Nokia 6230 which has the MMC slot under the battery and it's just
> plain annoying to have to remove it whenever I want top copy stuff
> onto or off it.  Would there be a technical reason why it would be
> done this way?

They apparently use a combo SIM/microSD reader, and I guess the location
and exposure are partly determined through that.

Anyway, it'd probably be a bother to handle mounting/unmounting, esp. if
you have applications and libraries on the microSD. (Doable, sure.) We
have USB and BT (yay for BT) to transfer data, I don't really see much
real need for manual swapping. (Some specialized situations where that
would be preferred, sure, but it's not the end of the world, like the v8
(don't ask))

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>