MikroSD under the battery - unmount, sleep modus, small capacitator Re: MicroSD Wifi ?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Jan 16 12:25:01 CET 2007

Salve Grahame!

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Grahame Falvey wrote:

> On 16/01/07, Robert Michel <openmoko at robertmichel.de> wrote:
> >Alternative:
> >- small capacitator parallel to the battery
> >- script/function that
> >-- unmount the SD
> >-- let the phone sleep for a while

> I know it's probably too late, but why not have the ability to access
> the MicroSD from the outside of the device?  Such as in the Sansa e200
> series devices?
>
> http://www.hwsw.hu/kepek/hirek/2006/07/sandisk_sansa.jpg
> http://ec1img.pchome.com.tw/static/2006/06/20/2208271150804052.jpg
>
> To me it make far more sense. I found the Nokia solution very
> annoying.

Hmm but without rebooting I could live with a microSD slot
under the battery. The capacitator would also help to change
the SIM card without rebooting :)

> Especially when it would crash while transferring large
> files to and from the phone with bluetooth.
Oh, when having a hang um a capacitator could be a problem
- no hard reset by putting out the battery
so my capacitor solution would create a need for a reset button

> As an aside, I'm assuming that it's planned to have a "Flight" mode
> for the phone to allow the use of it in aircraft without the
> transceiver of the device being active?
Yes.

Greetings,
rob