Time to copy 1GB via USB 1.1 = 12 minutes? Re: MikroSD under the battery - unmount, sleep modus, small capacitator Re: MicroSD Wifi ?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Jan 16 14:04:22 CET 2007

Salve Gabriel!

Gabriel Ambuehl schrieb am Dienstag, den 16. Januar 2007 um 13:03h:

> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 10:53, Robert Michel wrote:
> > Hope that I haven't to hack my Neo1973 myself with my solder iron :)
>
> I still dont see why anyone would really need that. If you need to copy from
> microsd to microsd, attach a powered hub and SD reader to the Neo.

Two things you have to carry with you.

And USB 1(.1?) has only 11? Mbit/s.
Copy 1 GByte = 727 seconds = 12 Minutes,
this is quite slow.

Ok you are right, most devices with microSD will have Bluetooth,
most cameras have no Bluetooth, but also using no microSD.
An normal size SD slot, usable from outside, would be fine :)

Greetings
rob

PS: Use for the capacitor
- changing SIM / microSD card without reboot
- copy form microSD to microSD without reboot
- switching display to black when the battery
  is removed and (optional) sending (encrypted)
  SMS with localisation to your server