Bluetooth question ;)

collin at betaversion.net collin at betaversion.net
Tue Jan 16 17:47:47 CET 2007

> It is great that the Neo1973 v1 will have Bluetooth :)))
> Will you publish which version and class it will have?

I would guess Class 2 (20-40mw) that's common for PDAs and mobile phones

> And can somebody explain (me) if beside the bandwith
> are any hardware limitation for Bluetooth profiles?

Yes, the hardware needs to support SCO connections in order to support
bluetooth
audio (e.g. headset and handsfree)

Profiles I know about...

WORK very well:
  obex push/ftp
  HID (human interface device)
  BNEP (bluetooth ehternet encapsulation)
  DUN (dial up networking)
  bluetooth serial port

WORK:
  bluetooth headset support, works but still is under development
(please correct
me if I'm wrong)
  Syncml (e.g. with opensync)

Should work (never tried myself):
  bluetooth printing (e.g. with CUPS)

... did I forget anything?

start here: http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

> And will it be possible to use several profiles/Bluetoothsolutions
> simultanions? E.g. Bluetooth keyboard and headset at the same time?

blueZ, the Linux bluetooth stack is totally capable of doing this.

Collin (a bluetooth hacker at heart)