keyboard / keypad idea

Eric van Horssen horzel at hacktic.nl
Wed Jan 17 16:43:46 CET 2007

Justyn Butler wrote:
> Why not modify a normal screen protector to have raised bumps in a
> keyboard layout, but leave the whole thing transparent. A screen
> protector is just a piece of plastic film with adhesive round the edges.
> The protector will live on the screen all the time and you could
> probably "forget" it's there when not using the keyboard, because you'd
> be reading things through it. Of course, it would undoubtedly affect the
> clarity of the display where the raised buttons are.

> When you want to use the keypad, the buttons would appear on the screen
> in the correct positions under the keys, a simple software matter.

As long as this "keyboard" does not conflict with the writing area!

I.E. like on some palms, where the writing area is part of the screen, you can switch between the writing area, the keyboard, or neither of them to have extra screen space.

If you have raised keys on your screen protector, writing with the pen in that area would be very hard!

my 2 cts, Eric