Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Jan 17 17:15:15 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:36:48AM +0100, Imre Kaloz wrote:

> could you tell us if the microsd slot is SDIO capable? I'm pretty sure
> some vendors could do a microsd-wifi based on the new Atheros 6000 series
> - and those have fully open drivers as well ;)

the S3C2410 SD card controller is theoretically capable of SDIO.  Now
that the simplified specs are available, and the Atheros/Mvista SDIO
stack has been published under GPL, somebody _could_ add SDIO support
for the S2C2410 to the kernel.  It's not an easy task, but also no
rocket science.

However, the microSD slot is hidden beneath the SIM card (dual sdio/sim
card socket), which in turn is located beneath the battery.  So I doubt
you would ever be able to connect anythinh that is even slightly larger
than a regular mass-storage microSD card.

Sorry.