SIM-card cloning

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Jan 17 17:53:23 CET 2007

Salve Ole!

Robert Michel schrieb am Dienstag, den 16. Januar 2007 um 18:16h:
> > Why will a cloned SIM not work for you? See:
> I didn't know that it is possible to clone a SIM.
> I thought they are crypto-chips and have a hidden
> key.
>
> > http://ucables.com/ref/SIM-CLONE
> needs also
> http://ucables.com/ref/SIM-SCAN
> not so cheap - but interesting :)
>
> Couldn't be such a scaner and writer included inside the Neo1973?
> *g*

This cloning based on SIM-card crypto hacking - I haven't
spent much time but found this:
http://www.freewebs.com/simcloneinfo/

I was confuesed how more than 2 Sim cards could be selected
by the Phone - but high and low can alternate the virtual-sims,
my guess:

high sim1
low  sim2
high sim3
low  sim4
...and so on...

Together with the freedom to programm the phone some smart
solution would become possible :)

Thanks you for this link.
rob

PS: But is this cloning legal?