Fwd: OpenMoko in my area?

Eric van Horssen horzel at hacktic.nl
Wed Jan 17 21:09:04 CET 2007

Marcel de Jong wrote:

> Paul Bohme wrote:
>> Mike wrote:
>>>>
>> You'll want to be careful here - is an odd thing that people get really
>> bent out of shape about..  Have no idea why.
>> Interesting discussion: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>>
> What I'm missing in that 'discussion' is a valid alternative.
> A Thunderbird is no Elm. Sure it may work great with his
> email-reader(s), it sure as heck doesn't in mine. :-(
>
> oh well.. *shrug* :)
>
> greetings,
> Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Do I understand correctly that you use Thunderbird?
And that you think Thunderbird isn't able to
a) filter this list?
or
b) do a reply to all?

If so, I'll try to be of some assistence:

Case a)
In Thunderbird goto Tools; Message Filters...; New...
Instead of "Subject" choose "Customize..."
Create a "New message header:" "List-Id"  by ADDing it to the list

Use this in a new Filter Rule which checks for "List-Id" "contains" "community.lists.openmoko.org" (without the quotes)

Case b)
In the Thunderbird menu you will find that Reply is CTRL-R
And Reply to All is simply ..... CTRL-SHIFT-R

Good luck in extending the use of Thunderbird!!