Neither iPhone or OpenMoko are revolutionary

Corey corey at bitworthy.net
Thu Jan 18 01:55:10 CET 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 17:40, Renaissance Man wrote:
> It doesn't have the one thing it needs to be a revolution.

The revolution will break out when FIC releases the second version of the
OpenMoko hardware, which I wouldn't be all too surprised if it happens
before the end of the year. Until then, the revolution will still be a bit under-
ground during a slight incubation period while all us mad hackers start
going wild on this new 99.9% completely open platform.

Any revolution begins with a groundswell of grassroots effort which broils
beneath the surface of the current status quo. Although I had some lingering
hopes for TrollTech's GreenPhone, I think OpenMoko is going to be the primary
catalyst and the harbringer of change in the hand-held communications sector.

Patience my friend, patience.

(c8=