Neither iPhone or OpenMoko are revolutionary

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Thu Jan 18 03:35:48 CET 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 7:00 PM, David Schlesinger wrote:
> The revolution evidently has a bunch of people who don't see that
> the value of half (or ninety-five one-hundredths) of a loaf exceeds
> that of no loaf at all.

I wouldn't take this very seriously.   Despite the lack of WiFi, which
I definitely agree is a minus, I am going to get one of these phones
as soon as I can.   The thing I'm paranoid about right now is whether
or not GPRS works over my t-mobile (US) network.   WiFi would be
really nice, but it's by no means a deal-breaker.   Actually, it
probably means an extra sale when the WiFi-capable phone comes out
next year.   I'm sure I can find someone on whom to pawn off the non-
WiFi phone.   :')