Fwd: Why do I want WiFi?

Alexander McLeay alexander at thecartographers.net
Thu Jan 18 06:12:36 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:
> I also connect to IRC, can ssh, and surf the web, all over the bluetooth
> connection.
> I expect to be able to do the same with the Neo, except that it will be
> a true PAN BT connection rather than the ppp over serial BT connection
> that I use now.

What sort of speed does this give you? Is it actually good enough for
VoIP over Bluetooth IP to be practical? If I didn't mind plugging in
the USB cable, but I did want a decently fast connection, would I
prefer to install updates/new software to my Neo with Bluetooth or

People have mentioned interference between Wifi and Bluetooth: Is this
an insuperable problem, or can I make one or the other operate on a
different channel/frequency, seeing as I control both network setups?
(My laptop is my only computer with Bluetooth, and it's usually
connected via Wifi.)

(Sorry if this has been covered before.)