speex codec down to 2kbit/s instead of 2kbyte/s Re: Fwd: Why do I want WiFi?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Jan 18 10:06:08 CET 2007

Salve Gabriel!

Gabriel Ambuehl schrieb am Donnerstag, den 18. Januar 2007 um 08:55h:
> > VoIP over Bluetooth IP to be practical?
> Plenty fast for that. I think Speex can run on as little as 2kbyte/s.
Ohhhmmm I've tested 1kByte/s bewteen two asterisks this is
a quite good quality. Remember that GSM codecs use 9600 or 14400 Baud

"Wide range of bit rates available (from 2 kbit/s to 44 kbit/s)"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speex

I think you mean 2kbit/s instead of 2kbyte/s.
But with less then 1kB/s I would expect reduced quality.

Greetings
rob