Wish for 2nd generation Neo: USB 2.0

Richard Franks spontificus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:41:23 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Sven Neuhaus <sven-openmoko at sven.de> wrote:
> While you're at it, please include some kind of hardware graphics
> acceleration to speed up video playback and maybe allow cooler games...

I quite like the idea of the display being in system memory for games
- quick pixel read times allow for cpu cycles and memory to be spent
on more 'fun' endeavours. For certain types of game you waste more
time trying to approach the read-speed of system-memory graphics.

That said, if we're talking V2, upgraded memory/CPU+hardware graphics
acceleration would please everyone!

Richard