Neither iPhone or OpenMoko are revolutionary

Renaissance Man renaissanceman at macmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:23:37 CET 2007

On 18 Jan 2007, at 1:30 pm, Sencer wrote:

>> > Renaissance Man, reducing the success or the "revolutionary aspect"
>> > of openmoko to the aspect of Wifi is missing the point completely
>> > and utterly.
>>
>> To suggest that that's what I'm doing is missing my point entirely.
>
> O RLY? Let me quote what you wrote:
>
>> Neither iPhone or OpenMoko are revolutionary
>> The reason is neither of them have VoIP via WiFi.
>
> Reality distortion field in full effect...

You still don't get it. The "revolutionary aspect" of such a device
would be the ability to talk to anyone mostly for free with one
device and phone number, and be mobile. WiFi/VoIP is just a necessary
part of the package for achieving that.

> P.S.: Thanks for finally realising that it is better if you drop
> the debate about including wifi in the first generation device. Be
> it whether the fundamental point people having been trying to make
> to you, got through, or because you decided to move on to
> cheerleading and trolling for some other revolutionary product.

Hey, no problem. Sorry for being so inconvenient as to have a
different view to start with. I know how awful it can be for people
like you if others don't think the same way as you to begin with.

Renaissance Man