Neither iPhone or OpenMoko are revolutionary

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Thu Jan 18 20:54:36 CET 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 12:33, Renaissance Man wrote:
> All your arguments against WiFi on the Neo seem a little moot, as

You got me all wrong. I'm not against WiFi anywhere, I just don't think VoIP
over Wifi in phones is 'the revolution'. It is good way to share data and an
awkward way to circumvent carrier monopolies with an inferior technology for
that specific application, that's all there is to it. If one day it'll be on
the Neo, cool, I'll take it for the data applications, you can use it for
VoIP, everybody happy. Until then, BT will do just fine. Don't mix means and
goal. VoIP+Wifi became your goal instead of being the means :)