Neither iPhone or OpenMoko are revolutionary

Richard Franks spontificus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:56:06 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Renaissance Man <renaissanceman at macmail.com> wrote:
> > P.S.: Thanks for finally realising that it is better if you drop
> > the debate about including wifi in the first generation device. Be
> > it whether the fundamental point people having been trying to make
> > to you, got through, or because you decided to move on to
> > cheerleading and trolling for some other revolutionary product.
>
> Hey, no problem. Sorry for being so inconvenient as to have a
> different view to start with. I know how awful it can be for people
> like you if others don't think the same way as you to begin with.

You've won my vote for troll, too.

On the upside though, I'm definitely interested in the possibilities
of using VoIP with bluetooth for home/office, which I wasn't before
this thread started - handy? Yes. Cost-effective? Yes. Revolutionary?
Debatable, but let's not -- I'm upset that the Neo won't come with a
bunch of magical time pixies who transmogrifiy new paradigms into
productivity quanta.. but since I'll have to wait until v2.0 at least
for that, there's no point complaining endlessly about the magical
pixie-less v1.0!

Richard