is google.com down? Move this list to a BB/Forum system?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Jan 19 11:59:24 CET 2007

Dnia piątek, 19 stycznia 2007 07:55, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller napisał:

> I read from all this the hint that we should start to sort out and
> better archive topics by having different tool than an e-mail list.
> Let us move to a phpBB (or whatever you like) system.

Reading forum needs time, reading few forums needs more time. Keeping forum
running need good admins and moderators to not have lot of spam and hack
attempts.

phpBB was good few years ago - now it has more bugs then any other used
forum engine.

> Or even better to the existing OESF forums.

NO, NO and once more: NO!

OESF forums users... too Zaurus centric, too Qtopia centric, too
hack-it-hack-it-until-it-stop-working instead of doing things in proper
way.

By people like most of them I decided to not buy any Zaurus machine
(hopefully Sharp decided to end this product line [1]) because any Z will
get me into that forum again and again. Zaurus community is big but it is
hard to find good embedded developers in it (but there are few persons
which do good job).

1. http://www.hrw.one.pl/2007/01/12/zaurus-line-officially-ended/

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

     You don't have to be crazy to live in this planet, but it helps.