R: is google.com down? Move this list to a BB/Forum system?

Michele Manzato michele.manzato at verona.miz.it
Fri Jan 19 12:23:35 CET 2007

My feeling is that long-term development projects usually stick to mailing
lists (thinking of kde, subversion & family, ...). Independent groups
usually establish a forum. Wiki is good to set things down after some
discussion took place.

I think it's mostly a matter of getting used to a way of staying together.
If anybody cares, my own preference is to furums (it's easier to track
discussions, audience can be wider) although I find it easier to post to
mailing lists indeed.

Whatever tool, in time I'd suggest at least to structure the community
discussion into different areas: hardware, software, development, evolution,
etc.

Michele