Artist Help (was Re: what is the difference between openMoko and windows mobile based phones)

Jesse Ross openmoko at
Fri Jan 19 16:58:49 CET 2007

My name is Jesse Ross and I've just been kind of lurking for the past
month and a half or so. I'm a web designer/graphic designer/
illustrator by trade, and have been contributing to a few open source
projects for the past couple of years. Right now I'm primarily
involved with the Etoile and GNUstep projects, doing icon design,
interface design and theming.

> Dare I suggest contacting people who are skilled at graphical
> design, and would be willing to donate time, to help led the
> development of the UI?  They could be our "elected officials" to
> help moderate down all the different ideas and requests to make
> them fit into a common vision and hopefully a great UI.

I'm really excited about this project, and would love to help with
the UI. Below is a collection of various work I've done:

GNUstep icons:

GNUstep theme:

GNUstep menu concept:

Interaction mockups (Flash):

Etoile logo concepts:

Jython logo:

Thanks again to everyone who is working on the project! I can't wait
to get one and contribute!