is google.com down? Move this list to a BB/Forum system?

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Fri Jan 19 21:06:48 CET 2007

On 1/19/07, Christopher Heiny <clheiny at starband.net> wrote:

> On Friday 19 January 2007 06:12, Gervais Mulongoy scribbled in crayon on
> the
> back of a kid's menu:
> > What about using Google Groups?
>
> Bleah.  All the inconvenience of a BB/forum combined with all the
> drawbacks
> of web based email.
>

> > On 1/19/07, Ole Tange <openmoko.org at tange.dk> wrote:
> > > On 1/19/07, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at c

> same
> > >
> > > I am hoping we can make the wiki fill this void. So help out bu when
> > > you have a problem that you find solved by digging through the mailing
> > > list archive, put it on the wiki. Preferably formatted so you will not
> > > need to read a whole thread to solve the same issue.
> > >
> > > /Ole

There is always the option of using google groups as a remote archive... if
you don't like it you don't have to use it, and continue on the way
everything is now, it gives us one more option on how to view the group

http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=38187&query=archive&topic=&type=

--
Jeff