OpenMoko devices and Mac OS X

Dane Jensen careo at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 20 14:49:07 CET 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 03:10, Renaissance Man wrote:
> Presumably there will be no compatibility with Mac OS X (incl.
> Address Book, iCal, iPhoto, iSync, dotMac email) when the Neo1973
> ships, but is such support in the works at all?

Address Book, iCal, iPhoto, etc all hook into OS X's SyncServices framework
through native API goodness. iSync then is in charge of syncing with the
whole host of other devices, which it does with SyncML.

They're working with Funambol for the SyncML client on the phone, so it should
be *really* easy to write the proper iSync device description doohicky (I
think it's an XML file somewhere, I remember having to hack one to get my N80
working with it),

-Dane