Free Your Phone

Declan Naughton piratepenguin at
Sat Jan 20 22:22:15 CET 2007

On 1/20/07, Dave Crossland <dave at> wrote:
> > Join us. "Free Your Phone."
> I totally love this catch phrase! I hope that the FIC marketting uses
> it as the official tagline of all its openmoko devices!

If freedom is a real goal then I agree.

>How much GNU software must be present to call it a GNU/linux
distribution? Do I still need
>to call it gnu/linux if I use uclibc and busybox?

The GNU/Linux FAQ [] has your answer:
"What we say is that you ought to give the system's principal
developer a share of the credit. The principal developer is the GNU
Project, and the system is basically GNU."

If you're using uClibc and busybox, then likely GNU won't be competing
to be principal developer..

How about calling it the Open Moko *Operating System*?

Declan Naughton