Free Your Phone

David Schlesinger david.schlesinger at palmsource.com
Sat Jan 20 22:24:16 CET 2007

On 1/20/07 1:18 PM, "Dave Crossland" <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 20/01/07, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
>> Dave Crossland schreef:
>>> Can the FIC marketting department call it 'the OpenMoko GNU/Linux
>>> Distribution'?
>>
>> How much GNU software must be present to call it a GNU/linux distribution? Do
>> I still need
>> to call it gnu/linux if I use uclibc and busybox?
>
> Looking back at the annoucement, I see:

> So IMO this is clearly a GNU/Linux system.

More than it's a "GTK/GNU/Linux" system...? Or an "X/GTK/GNU/Linux"
system...? Or a "list your favorite twenty components/X/GTK/GNU/Linux"
system...?

This is silly stuff, in my opinion. If the Free Software Foundation wants to
call something "GNU/Linux" that badly, let 'em put together their own
distribution and call it whatever they like.