Free Your Phone

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Sat Jan 20 23:48:07 CET 2007

OpenMoko FIC/GNU/Linus/Alan Cox/X11/Xorg/GTK/... Linux.  Oh, and who is
the principal for the plastic and silicon?  How about the makers of the
editors you use to create all this code and give credit to the companies
that supplied the monitors, cpus, and keyboards?

It's silly and is preposterously religious.  There are thousands of
people or entities that should get just as much credit as GNU.  There is
no reason why GNU should be viral in claiming the limelight.  Why isn't
GNU giving credit to everyone else who put so much effort into improving
GNU software?   What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

This thread is going to rapidly devolve into the GNU/Linux flame thread
of the week.  I've stated my opinion and I'm adamantly against
"GNU/Linux".  I'd rather not post any further on it.

-david