Free Your Phone

Sven Gothel sgothel at jausoft.ca
Sun Jan 21 06:43:56 CET 2007

Well, religion or believe or whatever can create such a warfare
is one important thing for sure - to be handled with care.
I better skip those things here ;-)

But it is a fact, that a running OSS box, leveraging the Linux kernel
and the GNU tools and Xorg and .. well, it's a hard thing to name
this box properly. So the FSF and many others came to the conclusion,
or better compromise to name the 2 most important things, GNU + Linux,
so - it is a GNU/Linux box, GNU first, because it came first,
and actually .. where were we, if we didn't have the GNU toolchain ?

Besides, if you don't like to discuss those things,
why do you jump into this discussion in the first place ?
This seems not very logical to me.
And it is a fact as well, that such 'community' mailinglists
shall follow the freedom of speech, as far as it is related
to the project.

This reminds me of the very honorable dude Theo de Raadt
and the not so nice reasons for starting OpenBSD ; http://kerneltrap.org/node/6
As you can see, things matter to people, even this 'evangelism' thing ;-)

Have a good one

Cheers, Sven