exchange email?

David Schlesinger David.Schlesinger at palmsource.com
Sun Jan 21 16:57:11 CET 2007

>Microsoft "push email" isn't push at all.  If you read the
>specifications, it's just another method of polling a server to
>determine if and what segments of new content is ready for transfer.

I think this is true for the "Outlook Web Access" interface which, for instance, Evolution (and Pocket Outlook on Windows Mobile 5!) use. There's some sort of back-end interface which Outlook 2003 and Entourage can take advantage of with an Outlook Server; I'm not sure whether whatever they do there qualifies as "true push email" or not...