Idea for one of the next Neos: Projecting the display via LEDs

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Sun Jan 21 18:27:41 CET 2007

Am 21.01.2007 um 18:17 schrieb Uwe Koch:
> I think it must be possible to integrate 3 neccessary LEDs into the
> next gen
> Neo, and display the Display - say on a letter format size - to a
> white wall!

3 LEDs is not enough. You need something to make the beam scan the
wall rectangle you want to display on. This usually requires some
mechanical parts.

Well, there is a different approach (I think has been shown by
Siemens mobile during CeBIT: http://www.tecchannel.de/news/themen/
business/410807/ ): a micro-beamer.
Everything miniaturized so that it fits into a phone. Unfortunately
its illumination intensity is small or it gets very hot...

Here is an (unrelated) link I found through Google: http://
www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=276

Nikolaus Schaller