upgrade options for early adopters

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Sun Jan 21 20:57:20 CET 2007

This is a thought that seems inspired by other "early adopter"
programs like Nokia's N770 internet tablet, which was just superseded
by the N800, with new OS versions not backwards compatible. Therefore,
the devs & users of the Rev1 device are left to purchase, for full
price, the new version to keep up to speed.

However, Nokia is offering 500 units for 99 Euro to 'select'
developers, yet to be announced.

The new version does incorporate many suggestions by devs - but the
path for this was not clear. I think OpenMoKo could learn a lot by
looking how the rollout and support the N770 has gone over the past
year, both good and bad aspects (mostly good)

Andrew

On 1/21/07, David Schlesinger <David.Schlesinger at palmsource.com> wrote:

> >I would love to have one, incl. a voting schema for hardware features ;-)
>
>  The phrase "designed by committee" is occurring to me right about now...

Andrew Turner
ajturner at highearthorbit.com        42.4266N x 83.4931W
http://highearthorbit.com              Northville, Michigan, USA