Free Your Phone

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Sun Jan 21 21:09:34 CET 2007

How does the end result differ from anything I or any on my side of the
fence have suggested?  Nothing changed so why bring it up in the first
place?  Both sides accuse the other of this fervour.  Why slight one
side of the fence?

It's an issue that gets heated because the GNU-it-all side pipes up and
the non-GNU-it-all side responds.  When it's pushed in your face over
and over, it gets frustrating.  This "war" will go on forever, it just
shifts from list to list, community to community.  I'll put $5 down that
in the near future someone else will ask openmoko to prefix their name
with GNU and it'll start all over again.

If you want to be listened to, don't be slighting. Your statement should
read: "Maybe those who're so keen to make a big fuss could take a page
out of Sean's book?"  Otherwise, "Maybe those who're so keen to push
"GNU/Averything" on everyone and start flame wars could take a page out
of Sean's book?"

Have a nice day, hopefully this will be the last of this.
-david