Free Your Phone

Dave Crossland dave at
Mon Jan 22 00:11:38 CET 2007

On 21/01/07, Richard Franks <spontificus at> wrote:
> Although I support the goals of the FSF, I hold progress ahead
> of my political philosophy.

To value a political stance over "practical progress" does go counter
to our general culture, which encourages us to dismiss any philosophy
that differs from its own as 'impractical'.

But the FSF's political philosophy is extremely practical: it is why
we have the GNU/Linux operating system at all.

Again, I really recommend reading about this specifically, and in general.