Free Your Phone

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Jan 22 03:06:45 CET 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:

> Hehe...waterproof phones would be really cool. It's just so expensive.

Sort of on that same note, though, once the design becomes a little
more solid, building some additional durability into the phone would
be a nice thing.   So many phones we get nowadays are expensive and
break quickly.   It would be nice if the phone could be disassembled
using torx drivers, and if you could replace the more breakable
parts.   I don't think this is a practical suggestion for the
developer phone, but sturdiness and maintainability really would be a
good (and surprising) quality in a phone.   If this phone becomes
something that people buy and keep, then spending a little extra to
make it last longer might be worthwhile.