Signal-to-noise ratio

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Jan 22 08:37:05 CET 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 22 stycznia 2007 04:51, Corey napisał:

> On Sunday 21 January 2007 20:43, Greg Tada wrote:
> > I'd like to help out this project, I really would. But when zealots
> > like Renaissance Man (Who calls themselves that? Yeah that's not
> > pretentious at all) et al hijack this list for their own religious
> > soapboxing, I don't have time to filter through all of the crap.

> > I'll come back later when this crap ends.

> Troll alert.

No, it is not troll alert.

This mailing list became worse and worse during last two weeks. Nearly
each longer thread goes into OffTopic discussion, more and more flamewars
(Linux <> GNU/Linux in 'Free your phone' is best example). All of that
makes this list really hard to read.

During last days I look at threads, check who wrote something new and
usually select 'mark all 60 mails as read' because I do not see
interesting authors. From time to time I read one or two threads to find
out what about thread is and mark it as 'worth reading' so next mails
will get read by me.

I hope that openmoko-devel will get open soon to new subscribers and that
there will be someone who will have power to remove trolls from it.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 Don't panic. Count to ten ... then panic!