Signal-to-noise ratio

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Jan 22 09:07:04 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 00:02 -0800, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 08:37 +0100, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> > > Troll alert.
> >
> > No, it is not troll alert.
> >
> > This mailing list became worse and worse during last two weeks. Nearly
> > each longer thread goes into OffTopic discussion, more and more flamewars
> > (Linux <> GNU/Linux in 'Free your phone' is best example). All of that
> > makes this list really hard to read.
>
> Heya guys, lots of discussion is a great thing! It is great to have
> general discussion which means we are all hitting on something needed.
>
> > During last days I look at threads, check who wrote something new and
> > usually select 'mark all 60 mails as read' because I do not see
> > interesting authors. From time to time I read one or two threads to find
> > out what about thread is and mark it as 'worth reading' so next mails
> > will get read by me.
>
> > I hope that openmoko-devel will get open soon to new subscribers and that
> > there will be someone who will have power to remove trolls from it.
>
> Well, I would challenge you all to contribute to the list constructively
> and positively help newbies to start collaborating.
>
> Since there is no wiki, I'm offering up my wiki space for any and all
> people to focus their energy. As soon as there is a public wiki, then I
> will move that content over there to seed it...
>
> http://rejon.org/wiki/OpenMoko

Oh, please excuse me as I didn't realize someone else beat me to the
punch: http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/

Let's get these discussion constructive so that when the project goes
online, ppl. are online and if nothing happens with the project, at
least that content is on-line and others can learn from it (I'm not
being negative, but global in thinking)...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA