Introduction, involvement, etc.

Thought Fix thoughtfix at
Mon Jan 22 09:25:59 CET 2007

Thanks! I am going to finish up a few more articles I have simmering for my
Nokia Internet Tablet and UMPC blogs, then post some of the OpenMoko press
information I picked up at CES and see how my readers respond to it. I find
that the best response comes from articles that are picture and video heavy,
which will have to wait until the device is released.

I didn't cancel my T-Mobile account (still under contract until mid-March)
when I switched to Verizon, but needed to make the switch as my mobile data
needs exceeded EDGE and even push the limits of EVDO. It looks like the FIC
device is a GSM/EDGE phone, so I will just go month-to-month on T-Mo if I
get an OpenMoko device in my hands for testing and review. If this device
could do CDMA/EVDO, I'd pounce on it in a second.

Who am I kidding? I'm going to pounce on it anyway.