Next build env step (Was: Let us not forget to give every new one a *very* warm welcome - Let us write a welcome message to all new subscriber! How....)

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Mon Jan 22 14:23:30 CET 2007

Agreed.

Also, it seems to me that we are starting to feel the need for a
development-oriented mailing list.
E.g., thanks to some previous messages on this list, I did my homework
this week-end to setup an OpenEmbedded build environment and (probably)
managed to build some targets (nano, gpe-today, gpe-image and the like);
but I'd like some more advice if possible now: how to check that the
binaries I built are somehow operational, at least on the building host,
maybe on a hardware emulator? Etc., etc.
That's not top-level development, but (IMHO of course) it would be nice
to have such topics separated from more general ones.

Rodolphe

Le lundi 22 janvier 2007 à 13:02 +0100, Robert Michel a écrit :
> Salve Jose and all new or old subscriber of this list!
[...]
> One welcome message, written by us - maybe as webpage
> on openmoko.org and/or welcome mail for all new subscriber
> of the list would be a good thing - IMHO.
[...]